Welcome to The Arm Chair Observer

This Blog is a collection and ongoing work of Political opinions that I have decided to write about and share with you.

shutterstock_280863179

 

 

 

 

Trump, Pelosi, the Wall, and the Government Shutdown

Trump, Pelosi, the Wall, and the Government Shutdown  Arguments about the standoff between Nancy Pelosi and the Dems and Trump have gotten complex and passionate, something that would not be true if we were not in the first government shutdown ever called by a President. Thoughts on the government shutdown- Our president never lets compassion for his [more]

Your Turn-Design and Submit a Border Security Plan

Your Turn-Design and Submit a Border Security Plan It’s Your Turn-Design and Submit a Border Security Plan Introduction It is entirely possible that our president, Donald Trump, wants zero immigration at the southern border, plans to accept zero asylum seekers at our southern border, and doesn’t want to honor any BCC’s or Border Crossing Cards. He wants to [more]

Curb Your Nostalgia for Political Process

Curb Your Nostalgia for Political Process Tuesday, January 15, was the congressional hearing/job interview to determine William Barr’s fitness to serve as our new AG. I watched most of the proceedings on TV with occasional gaps to deal with some loads of laundry. For a warm, mushy minute the hearing harkened back to the calm, respectful order of less [more]

Wealth Distribution Goes Awry

Wealth Distribution Goes Awry We are living in a time and a nation where there is a disparity in wealth distribution, when the distribution of wealth has gone awry. We have all heard that the top 1% have wealth that is out of all proportion to what the other 99% of us share. We see what such a disproportionate access to economic resources [more]

Humble the Democrats

Humble the Democrats This manufactured crisis is not about a wall at all. It is about humbling the Democrats and train them to heel. Trump does not work with dissenters. He only works with what he calls “facilitators”. We have called them “cult” members, and this seems closer to the mark. To Trump being a leader means that [more]

Women's Rights - "Slip-Sliding Away"

Women's Rights - Men are still determined to dominate women and some men pay an awful lot of attention to the things women do to stay healthy in body, mind, and spirit. Of course there are women who do this too, but whenever I have been to a Planned Parenthood rally, it has been men who are the most rabid protestors. Religions [more]

Becoming by Michelle Obama - Book

Becoming by Michelle Obama - Book “For eight years, I lived in the White House, a place with more stairs than I can count – plus elevators, a bowling alley, and an in-house florist. I slept on a bed that was made-up with Italian linens. Our meals were cooked by a team of world class chefs and delivered by professionals more highly trained [more]

National Emergency or Armageddon?

National Emergency or Armageddon? National Emergency or Armageddon? Can “we the people” declare a national emergency as our President is threatening to do? Only if we put our bodies out in the streets and/or in the halls of government. Only if our elected representatives use their bully pulpits to turn the tables on the President. We can see [more]